Project and Move Management
Project Managing Your Business Move
If you are planning to relocate your business, then inevitably you will be considering how to best manage the move. That is where we come in.
From initial contact through to completion, our project and move managers will be on hand to take the stress away from the task and provide concise summary to your key stakeholders, ensuring that your relocation is delivered on time, in budget and most importantly, causes you minimal business down-time.
We believe that the foundation of all our business relationships is based on trust, achieved through open and honest dialogue, and we have completed tens of thousands of relocation projects ranging in size from single staff relocations to complete building relocations and office clearances.
Our experienced project and move managers recognise that relocating your business can be seem a daunting prospect and that the key to successfully delivering your project will be achieved by fully understanding the requirement and objectives from the outset. Through meticulous planning and communication, we will be with you, assigning the correct volumes of experienced resources and services to meet your agreed timeframes and project scope.
Our project and move managers will always be on hand to guide you whilst actioning key activities which include:
- responsibilities among the members of your Move Project Team and others associated with the project
- move communications strategy
- departmental representatives/move co-ordinators to provide a focal point of contact for each department
- key dates and milestones
- strategy regarding the clearance of the outgoing building(s) / Floors once vacated
- sequential numbering of floor plans for the move
- accounting for staff and equipment scheduled to move and managing changes
- Attendance at meetings in conjunction with the Relocation Project Team
- Production of a chronological Move Action Plan.
- production of Move Guides for departmental representatives detailing the move
- departmental representative/move co-ordinator briefings
- move advice and packing and labelling instructions for staff
- final pre-move checklists for staff
Definition & Planning
- precise definition of removal scope and quantities
- establishment of an integrated, achievable move programme and resource level
- review of site readiness
- confirmation that floor plans are numbered sequentially for move purposes
Scheduling & Co-ordination
Having defined the scope, detailed schedules will be produced, and resources mobilised:
- production and circulation of final, integrated move schedule
- mobilisation and co-ordination of all move teams and participants
- confirmation that staff have a move number corresponding to their new desk position
Final Move Preparation
- crate deliveries and collections
- move signage at incoming location(s)
- issue of contact lists
- oversee the installation of building protection
- check preparations with departmental representatives/move co-ordinators
- on-site management throughout the physical move
Post Move Support
- reconciliation of crates
- validation of invoices
- review performance with the Project Team
By means of liaison with departmental representatives/move co-ordinators, staff and equipment information is gathered and reported thereby providing a complete record of the move from start to finish.
Filing surveys conducted to determine:
- Quantities of files to be relocated
- Number of filing crates required
- New filing units that would be most appropriate to needs
- standardisation/rationalisation of filing systems
As winners of the Commercial Mover of the Year award (CMOTY) on an unprecedented Seven occasions, which is recognised as the highest accolade in our industry, our project and move managers have consistently proven their ability to provide our customers with the highest possible levels of service through clear lines of communication and transparent processes of engagement in order to meet and exceed their expectations.