Read Our Policies
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
EDE’S (UK) Limited ( the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental & Sustainability as a duty and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to specialist commercial office relocations, storage, and logistical transport services. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implantation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities.
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land, and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES/ DIVERSITY POLICY
It is our policy as an employer to comply with all legislation including future changes and developments that relate directly or indirectly with ensuring Equal Opportunities and embracing Diversity for all our staff.
To provide employment and advancement to all individuals, employment decisions at EDE’S (UK) LIMITED will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. EDE’S does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.
Any employees with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their immediate supervisor or a Company Director. Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Details of this policy are contained within the staff handbook that is issued to all staff at EDE’S.
ANTI-BRIBERY & ANTI-CORRUPTION POLICY
Ede’s is committed to conducting business in an ethical and honest manner and is committed to implementing and enforcing systems that ensure bribery is prevented.
Ede’s has zero-tolerance for bribery and corrupt activities. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships, wherever in the country we operate.
Ede’s will constantly uphold all laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate. We are bound by the laws of the UK, including the Bribery Act 2010, with regards to our conduct both at home and abroad.
Ede’s recognises that bribery and corruption are punishable by up to ten years of imprisonment and a fine. If our company is discovered to have taken part in corrupt activities, we may be subjected to an unlimited fine, be excluded from tendering for public contracts, and face serious damage to our reputation. It is with this in mind that we commit to preventing bribery and corruption in our business and take our legal responsibilities seriously.
ETHICAL RECYCLING AND DISPOSAL POLICY
Our ethical recycling and disposal processes align with companies who specialise in extracting re-usable material from general waste and who share our commitment to being as environmentally focussed and morally minded whilst providing the most sustainable and cost-effective service possible.
Extracting secondary raw materials (such as metals, plastic, and wood) from general waste allows them to be put to good use and our zero to land-fill ethos ensures that every item of waste material is either re-used, re-generated or recycled in line with our environmental policy, at treatment facilities designed to handle waste in the safest and most environmentally accountable way.
ISO 14001 – We are accredited to ISO 14001:2015 which demonstrates our commitment and obligation to environmental management._
We are fully compliant with applicable laws, regulations, and environmentally oriented requirements; thereby minimizing the adverse negative effects to the environment and we strive to continually improve and enhance our procedures and policies.
This ethical approach has enabled us to build and retain long lasting relationships with our customers delivering confidence that their waste will be disposed of in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Ede’s (UK) Ltd will:
- Establish and implement a Health and Safety Management System to manage the risks associated with our premises and activities.
- Regularly monitor our performance and revise our Health and Safety Management System as necessary to ensure we achieve our objective of continuous improvement.
- Provide sufficient resources to meet the requirements of current Health and Safety legislation and aim to achieve the standards of ‘Good Practice’ applicable to our activities.
- Actively promote an open attitude to Health and Safety issues, encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting their health and safety and, in doing so, bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work safely and effectively, and to ensure they are competent and confident in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards and existing control measures.
- We will prioritise, plan, and complete any corrective actions required to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Maintain our premises and work equipment to a standard that ensures that risks are effectively managed.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health and Safety are allocated, understood, monitored and fulfilled.
- Retain access to competent advice and assistance through the support of Croner Consulting, thereby ensuring that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and ‘Good Practice’.
It is the duty of all of us when at work:
- To take reasonable care of our own safety
- To take reasonable care of the safety of others who may be affected by what we do or fail to do
- To co-operate so that we can all comply with our legal duties
- To ensure we do not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
MODERN SLAVERY ACT POLICY
Slavery and human trafficking remain a hidden blight on our global society. We all have a responsibly to be alert to the risks, however small, in our business and in the wider supply chain.
Albeit Ede’s is not required to comply and report on this legislation we strongly believe that we should adopt the principles of the Act. In so doing we can be seen by our staff and clients that we respect and comply with the value of the Act
Our workplace policies and procedures demonstrate our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships. We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
Our HR policies and procedures reflect UK employment law.
Staff are expected to report concerns and management are expected to act upon them.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
Our Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our business.