We have carried out social materiality assessment and identified that strong leadership, compliance, wealth generation and resilience are key focus areas. Our objectives therefore align to these priorities:
Strategic objective: Be a strong, resilient business, threading ESG across the organisation.
There is already a strong leadership team with regular strategy meetings and reporting. The direction of the company is well communicated but there is an opportunity to use ESG to further strengthen the business and ensure robustness against external factors like climate change, supply chain security, and transitioning to a low carbon economy.
- Use framework to externally assess, report and validate ESG metrics
- Strengthen ESG policies to make useful documents with measurable results, using the GRI guidance
- Externally audit business risk and compliance
- Promote ESG goals and progress internally and externally
- We have achieved several accreditations including! ISO 9001, 14001, safe contractor, FORS. These accreditations show that we have exceeded standard practices and are a testament to our drive to continually improve and remain an industry leader.
- Ede’s has zero-tolerance for bribery and corrupt activities. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships, wherever in the country we operate.
- Our HR policies and procedures reflect UK employment law, and our employees are actively encouraged to immediately report any concerns to their line managers who are expected to act upon them.
- We are fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other data protection legislation currently in force. Please click here for more information on GDPR.